Saturday 20 August 2011

My Sister, Friend, Mother – I miss you!

It’s not often that we experience the loss of so many special people at the same time in our lives, but when I lost my sis-in-law a couple of days ago, I felt I had lost all. She came into my life when I was all of eight years and I never imagined even in my scariest nightmares that I will lose her one day. Although I’m sure my brother and nephew have lost an integral part of their existence, her loss has created a vacuum in my life as well.


Teaching me right from wrong, scolding me, educating me, standing up for me, supporting me, believing in me, and above all loving me through the years, she has always been outspoken yet wise in every advice. Her behaviour and respect towards one and all and her ever-smiling face showed her mettle in whatever she did. Simple living and high thinking was her virtue.


She was a brave soldier fighting a deadly disease in a cool and composed manner without any complaint. This taught all of us to be an optimist and the correct attitude in handling a situation. I regret being away from her the past few years and I wish we could’ve spent more time together. Although she suffered a great deal and died young, I’m glad that the Almighty relieved her of the pain soon.


I know you will live in my heart forever, but I will always miss you my dear sister, dear friend and dear mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment